Sunday, September 18, 2005

1984 the movie...


I saw this movie last night at Jeff's Dorm,
I still don't know what to make of it - in regards to it being a movie as well as the book.
It's rather close when it come to
George Orwell's book, but I haven't read it for sometime now-
so meh in regards to the book.
It is one of those movie that should be watched only
ONCE
I still don't know how to wrap my mind around it,
but it seems almost Nazi Germany like wrapped in a world of over exposure to media propaganda set up by those in charge.
Instead of the extended right arm, they cross their arms and extend it.
Though a sad/melancholic/twisted movie,
I do like Winston Smith's mental place of serenity: a hill, a green pasture and some trees... It looks very peaceful there, it's the place in which he goes to get away from all of life's problems.

1984:
Odd movie,
and yet the year I was born in...go figure
:::NV:::

0 comments: