Thursday, April 13, 2006

Two things come to mind on such a beautiful day... The first is that the weather is nice, birds are singing and flowers are blooming. But regardless of what day it is and what condition the weather is, each day is beautiful in it's own way.
I am a Northerner by birth, ILLINOIS has been my home since I was born, but being born in a warm month does weird things for you, at least for me it does. I simply hate winter/cold through and through, there are only 3 favorite seasons in my book and while people look forward to snowmen, snow angels and other snow related things- I simply dread them and I cannot say I like it here in the wintertime, the Midwest, that is. Several Christmas breaks back, my family and I went to Florida from the 25th of December to the 8th of January: And in my opinion, there is no greater feeling for January than to be on the beach while it is 80+ degrees out and the ocean is available for swimming in.
Now when my family and I arrived back to Illinois on the 8th of January, there was a fifty degree difference from the weather in Florida to that of Illinois! I was so disappointed to be back in the Midwestern wintry weather. The point I am trying to make is that each day is blessed by God, and each day should be treated as such- I wouldn't be the person who complains at God for the weather being cold or something, but I am certain some people would...

The other thing that is on my mind is motorcycles: Now I am a fan of motorcycles in someway's, to feel the breeze and to enjoy that kind of freedom that my car does not allow (unless I choose to put all my windows down). Some people in my class and I were discussing motorcycles and whatnot, and I started thinking... I am a person who likes to use metaphors for various things, it is this part that I like adding to my poetry amongst other things, but here's my two bits about God and Motorcycles.

We as followers of Christ do not live a life that is our own, our lives our God's and we are His instruments. So if we are followers of Christ, shouldn't we be clingers as well? In the sense that Christians should hang on for dear life to God, motorcycles no matter how expert will hang on to their bike for dear life. You may say they cling on, and that's it, but if you loosely hang on to a motorcycle, you have the chance of falling off. We need to hang on to God as if our lives depended on it and our lives do depend on it. He should be our everything, we need to put all of our trust in God- through good times and bad times as well. So those are the metaphorical views of being a follower of Christ and motorcycles.

Following Christ should be a lot like motorcycling, hang on securely and for dear life... He is all that we are and he should be all of who we are.

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Good metaphor using the motor cycle. I've already used it once in one of my witnessing forays. And yes, I agree with what you say in this entry. Bravo, adelphós mou!
— Romanós