Sunday, April 16, 2006

So... Easter weekend or as I rather title this blog I am a procrastinator... at this time.

I left on Thursday an hour later than I expected, but I enjoyed the nice warm weather and talking to friends. When my mother did arrive (I rode up with her), she got some water and we were off!

Traffic... wasn't as bad as initially thought, with a couple of stops along the way, 150+ miles went by quickly. Upon arriving at the Olson's home, we were greeting by my cousins Fred (14), Jason (12) and Cory (11). They were happy to see my mother and I, but they questioned where everyone else was. The rest of my family backed out in some way or another shortly before Thursday, that was disappointing for them, but also for me. Since it was rather late, we couldn't do anything away from their house, so I played several games of PS2 football, motor cross, basketball against my cousins... I was suprised at how badly I schooled them, even though most of the games were new to me! Video games by osmosis? I don't know...We also watched a movie in the evening, King Kong, but since I already saw it *yawn* I left and did some other things... I went to bed early (for on campus standards) and slept well.
I used to get woken up by my cousins at 7-8ish when they were younger, but age has caught up and they [thankfully] sleep in now. When I woke up, they did as well, but shortly after. It was good to be outside in the great outdoors, my cousins and I hiked in the woods on their property and the fields that are above their property as well- We chilled at an old barn, I took photos and told jokes, they seemed to like hanging out in the fields... We went rock climbing as well; but this is due to the rocky bluffs surrounding the areas, and from there we headed back.
We also went to Devils Lake... but later on, that was fun, but I think it was partially disappointing to the boys because they couldn't climb the rocks as we usually do- the ratio isn't 3 to 1 when we do it, and I didn't want it to be as such... So they did a little, but not enough by their standards. It was very nice outside; a pine-scented sanctuary of sorts (how poetic...) and it was good. When we got back, the light was leaving the sky, but my oldest cousin Fred decided to join me on a bike ride down the empty street adjunct to their own, it was fun and I enjoyed watching that sunset... We ate some dinner, in which the boys wanted some of my food- I shared even though I was picked on for still being a vegetarian, but whatever...

Again I watched a movie; I watched 2 Fast 2 Furious with my cousins, I enjoy that movie for the cars only. My cousins enjoy it, but... They were tired and they fell asleep while watching the movie! Shortly after the movie, I caught some shuteye as well.

In the morning I was awakened by Jason who was checking to see if I was asleep, I was, but even in my uncounscious state I felt that I was being observed in some manner, and I was. The 2 youngest cousins - Jason and Cory - went to an Easter egg hunt, which is a tradition of sorts... It has been something we've done for several years now and everytime we go (EVERYTIME!) my cousins are reminded not to beat up the Easter rabbit, because... once they did, and, well, long story or another blog post... My cousins had fun; they met their quota and enjoyed the candy/cookies/etc. We (as a group) came up with alternatives to an Easter rabbit-
*Gary the Easter snake
*Jim the Easter tiger
*Bob the Easter bluegill

We're a creative bunch I tell ya.

From there we headed back...

(more to come, but I feel a wave of productivity, I'm going to catch it before I bury myself deeper...)

[n][v]

0 comments: