Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hypocrisy, self-hypocrisy...

Scenario: Last Week

After the meet/greet of Elias Chacour, as we were leaving, I spotted a Bentley and initial thought was Wow! A Bentley! and second thought was a 6 figure car while people still live on the streets, and people go starving...
Of course I wasn't struck by lightning or smited (smoted?) by God, but I did get reprimanded by the Holy Spirit about my comment while I live a rich lifestyle of my own... I don't drive a Bentley, but there is so much in my life (possession-wise) that I don't need, but it definitely keeps me 'happy', or so in theory.
Anyway, I don't go starving, I don't live on the streets and I don't get roughed up by people who don't believe what I believe - i.e. I am not persecuted for being a follower of Christ.
I live the 'good' life and yet I hate it...
I pick on 6 figure car owners and lash out at them,
but I am guilty too, if not even moreso, because I know, I recognize and yet I do NOTHING! I tithe, but that is a measly 10 percent pre-tax... God demands my all; both in life/actions/words/etc. It was a rich man who turned away from Jesus because he had to give it ALL up! Jesus pointed out that it would be easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than that rich man... I am that rich man in many ways...

I don't have any plans of what I will do to change from this self-craving nature, except I will pray and seek out council in regards to what I should do next.

Pray for me
and the areas in my life that are hypocritical,

Going on by God's strength alone,
[n][v]


0 comments: