Thursday, April 13, 2006

Prayer is a very important part of my walk with Christ. I pray for many things and many reasons; for petition, for help, for guidance and direction, for other people, for communication, etc. I find that I love talking to my Heavenly Father, He does not seem far or distant, though I admit a while back I was a having a spiritual drought. My spiritual drought came from being immersed in helping out with my church's Jr. Highers, being in fellowship with them and service on Sunday morning, but there was not an outlet for me to plug-in the same way my Jr. Highers could.
I spent a great deal of time in prayer, asking God to be close and dear to me, but even though I was not alone, it sure felt like it at times. I then became connected with my friend from school's church out in Downers Grove and it was what I needed. I also learned more of the Pentecostal movement, her church being charismatic and all. I also learned more about Russian culture, language, etc. Because the church is comprised of a lot of Russian and Belarusian immigrants! It was a wonderful experience and I have found this to be an excellent place for me to recharge spiritually.
God is so good to me.

0 comments: