Tuesday, April 18, 2006

As a follower of Christ- I am grasping (albeit at a slow pace) how much we who are ministers (profession wise, not necessarily the Great Commission - the call to all followers of Christ) need to have our spiritual batteries recharged now and then.
For me, I am plugged in spiritually by reading the Bible (now and then), Prayer, Being in Christian fellowship in church and amongst those who are fellow leaders in my Youth Ministry practicum.
Now it is not set in stone yet, but I am thinking of going to a monastery for a couple days after school gets out- A place where I can go, pray, write and read... It would be a bit more quieter than going directly home and finding a place where I can recharge. By no means am I saying that everyone should go to a monastery to reboot, but I am saying that everyone needs to recharge their spiritual batteries... It is God who powers us and Satan loves to drain us.

Recharge and be renewed by God.

shedding^the^mortal^coil

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

What is "shedding the mortal coil"? I noticed you also have this at the end of the poem in the next blog entry (a great poem, or rather, testimony; it's too real, you know, to be just a poem).
Hey, and what do you mean by monastery?
I have a friend here in Portland who called a Roman Catholic monastery and asked if he could stay a few days during Lent, and he was told "this is not a spiritual motel!"
What monastery are you going to?
By the way, I mailed you a copy of "Youth of the Apocalypse" this afternoon by 1st class, so you should have it this week.