Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A poem...

Play through me... *I guess this is the poem you write when you're feeling sentimental and down while doing homework and listening to Records/Vinyl/Big CD's...enjoy!*

Lord, play through me,
play through this B Side of a Record,
I have grooves that are worn
and yet I need your needle to play across the scratches.
Make me your song,
your music, your voice-
Let this old record of yours be played over and over without end,
may it never be put in its case and put back on the shelf,
let it be a classic, a tune everyone gets to hear-
May this old record be a gold or platinum,
a tune that gets better with age.
And when the record comes to an end,
may it get its place among the other records of old-
When the tune ends, may the song play on
and be made known by playing it forward,
may it never be known as a backwards message... :)

[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I hope you don't mind that I comment on your blog posts, but I think it's a rather lonely feeling when I don't get any comments to mine. Makes you wonder if anyone's really out there reading them. I do read yours whenever new ones appear, and many of them are quite thought provoking in one way or another.

Just wanted to say, I like this poem very much. Tho the angle of the metaphor is a little unusual, in style somehow it reminds me of some of the translated poems of Rabindranath Tagore collected in the book "Gitanjali." I guess because it seems genuinely personal.

Tho Rabindranath Tagore was, of course, a Hindu, there is much in the Hindu bhakti (devotional) tradition that resembles Christian sentiment. If you haven't already, you might like to check out Tagore's poetry.

Wish you success as you complete your end of term exams, etc. Stay in touch when you have a chance.
Keep blogging and, most of all, go with God!

— Romanos