Friday, April 07, 2006

As I sit here doing some schoolwork,
I am listening to a new tune of Derek Terbeest's called
Expectations and it is good!

I also have a new poem:

Sleeping with one eye open

As you lay there asleep and undisturbed,
how I wish this was me-
I, try, to sleep at night,
but sometimes I sleep with one eye open
and
I wait...wait...wait...and then I fall asleep.
You see,
I am someone who looks for a way out,
just in case,
I don't fall asleep as easy as I once did-
when life was easy...or so it seemed.
In my 21 years of living, I have seen and felt a different life,
A life full of ups and downs,
A life I'd hope not to deja-vu to the next generation-
And so I do sleep at night,
but sometimes...
Sometimes with one eye open.


[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

This comment is not particularly relevant to the posting it's under. I just found your blog, probably only a couple of hours after you'd finished your entries and hit the sack (unless you're still up). It's about 11:36 pm on Thursday, April 6th, out in Oregon where I live.
I was impressed by a number of things:
Your commitment to Christ.
Your transparent self-revealing honesty.
Your creativity.
Your apparent prayer life.
Your interests, many of which match mine.
I am an Illinois boy who migrated out West at the age of 21, from Joliet. I'm now a 55 year old Illinois boy who's spent more of his life in Oregon than anywhere else. I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ in 1975 at the age of 24. I write. I compose song lyrics and poetry. I witness in word and action. I pray. I study the Word of God. I want to touch others and be touched by them who love God in Jesus Christ.
I speak English, German, French, Spanish, Koiné Greek; and read (a little at least) Russian, Polish, Greek, Arabic, and a little Chinese and Japanese. I only mention this because I see you aspire to be octolingual.
Forgive me, but you seem a little like me when I was about your age.
I am married, father of four grown sons between 32 and 18 years of age.
My best Christian friend is a 22 year old writer, film maker, and martial arts practitioner. If you happen to look at my blog site, take a look at his too. You can get to it by clicking the link under interests for "My Resurrection Body." Brock and I are the only two bloggers with that shared interest. He is my prayer partner and co-missionary to the streets of Portland.
Whether you respond to me personally or not, brother, I bless God for you and thank Him for letting me find you and letting me know you exist.
For now, let me just extend to you a greeting in the Lord, "Christós anésti! Christ is risen!"
Pray for me, Romanós the sinner.