Tuesday, November 29, 2005

untitled/random poem...

asleep?
awake?
i don't know which is which...
i walk comatose
through the hallways
past the people i've only known since the semester began...
i say my hi's even though it's a mechanical gesture of humanity; for me, at least at this time.
authenticity-
grrr...how i want to be
how i am becoming that, but,
i see the wolves
among the sheep
and all they crave
is the blood of those who have less strength than they do...
blood,
odd thing,
it flows within me
it flows out of me
sad
but
true.
finals!
FINALS!
one week away
and so much work left to be done,
but,
when they're over...
break out the champagne
i want a drink...really!
not to get wasted,
but...to slow down a little bit
and perhaps some food
to go with the alcohol
and then
sleep...
wake me
up in
24 hours
unless
i wake
myself
up before that
[nv]

0 comments: