Wednesday, November 16, 2005

bad day's end, bad poem...

i write from a heavy heart;
apparently, 75% of my peers in YouthMin have BS'ed their logs...
this bothers me because i am turning in mine late
and incomplete (2 out of 5).
i write because i am feeling a pain of betrayal and "why?"
it is a feeling that i surmise as being impaled alive in which you breathe through fractured lungs and every time you inhale and exhale you spit out a mouthful of blood... not a pretty picture, but so i feel.
here's the poem.

*i of the storm*
Nothing like the victims of Katrina
can express how my emotions turn and burn
with my coarse flesh and vile blood.
the i of the storm;
how it churns,
how it burns,
my flesh lies steel grey,
who can help me out of this wretched pit
that i am in?
i am Job;
all i have is tossed to the wind,
i am stripped of everything that i hold dear
all is for naught, except for GOD.
He sustains me,
He gives breath to this hollow shell
i will go on,
but only by His strength.

but the i of the storm grows stronger
who knows how bad it will be,
except for GOD...
(in regards to who knows how bad it will be.)

0 comments: