Thursday, January 12, 2006

Sacred Vs. Secular music/etc.

Alrighty...
this may rattle some cages, but eh... If I can, I will and I WILL!

For many Christians, they divide their lives into two catagories...



Time spent doing devos, praying, reading the Bible, etc - these things go into the Sacred box... Now the time spent doing school, watching television, playing video games, being on blogspot (), etc. - These things are placed in the Secular box...

Well, last semester I learned (both in class and in my own life) that everything is to be placed in the Sacred box; in other words, everything has the potential to be Sacred! When ever we as Christians/Followers of Christ do something, we should do it onto God- do your taxes in God's name, hang out with your friend's in God's name, Watch a movie in God's name...




So this is my 2 cents on music in this regard:
There is no Christian Music,
There is no Non-Christian Music,
A lot of both can have things that bring honor to God, I know some may not, but c'mon! Why say oh I don't listen to non-Christian music when you can look (listen in this case) for something positive from it?
Some Christians/Followers of Christ don't think that it should be this way; making everything Sacred... but enough about them, what do you think? Do you compartmentalize your life?

[n][v]

0 comments: