Monday, June 12, 2006

Dandelions

I was driving and listening to some Five Iron Frenzy, Dandelions to be specific, and this is a part of the song...

Lord, search my heart/create in me something clean/Dandelions/you see flowers in these weeds...

And...well, it made me sad at heart; You see, there are a lot of flowers in my life and yet I sometimes I treat them like the weeds they aren't.

I actually have a good record of not losing friends, but sadly, those that I have lost I regret...

I need to see past the flaws, which isn't easy for me to do or anyone else for that matter - everyone is a flower in someway, but I...I too easily spot the weedy characteristics.

And... a final poem, a gloomy one, yet such poetry is what flows out of my soul.

Untitled Girl 1
She...
She looks out into the abyss,
She tries to smile and yet-
Yet her eyes are wounded by tears,
her ears are hurt by the audible pain,
her smile is genuine, but she can't hide the pain well from me.
I feel your pain, I really do-
My tears go out to you and I pray,
I pray that this will all be over for you soon,
In this life...In this life.
May God enwrap you in His love.

***nv***

0 comments: