Friday, May 05, 2006

thoughts while on the road

...of life.

This week has been a long one; I've spent a great deal of time on the road - filling out applications, looking for places of employment and everything surrounding that. I've had a great deal of time to pray while driving (eyes open, of course!) and just think...

As I recall what my thoughts have been, I have decided to pass them on:

*Don't rush following Christ - In my own life I sometimes rush through my devotions and prayer life as if I had it on a checklist of things to do and that is one thing I don't want to do - compartmentalize my following of Christ, it should be part of my life and it shouldn't be rushed...
*Slow down and enjoy the little things of life - As much as I have been rushed because of looking for employment for the summer, I've enjoyed the moments where I have just hung out with some people from my church, the Young Life cookout, taking photographs and writing poetry; things like this just to do for good old unstructured fun. I need structure in my life, and sometimes you just need to (logically) throw caution to the wind and say c'est la vie and just...chill.
*Don't take life so seriously - I am someone who has a fun side and a serious side, but lately, my serious side has been overlapping, I mean... Who at the age of 21 rewrites (Rewrites!) their will! I have one that I have made and I was rewriting it... But this is my serious (perhaps morbid) side. I'm sorry if I haven't chilled in a chill way, there have been instances where I've been the life of the party - in a fun way, but also in a serious way.
I am working at being less serious, because it can be very stressful to be that serious...

Take care and God bless,
Another busy day and I'll (hopefully) have a good weekend.

"Chao is one letter shy of Chaos"
Nathanael

0 comments: