Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Iron Sharpeners in my Life - Proverbs 27:17

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

This verse speaks to me on what good relationships should look like among believers - They build you up and you build them up - These are people who are the iron sharpeners in my life.

Brent Phillips - My site supervisor for Young Life; He has helped me out emmensely with being real, authentic and trustworthy, He's someone I can share how I am doing REALLY instead of how I'm just doing. I've only known him for 9 months or so, but he builds me up. I don't know how I 'sharpen' him except that I do pray for him and the various things that are brought up.

Jeremy Goodson - We both attended Waubonsee and now we attend Judson, and we both have our practicums at Young Life! Jeremy has been very instrumental in my life because he listens to what's going on in my life that...well...sucks! He listens and relates, and these types of people are whom I considered to be the closest of close friends.

Drew Moody - Now I do not have steady communication with Drew, but for those instances in which we dialogue, he builds my faith and helps me to reflect on what TRUE fellowship amongst followers of Christ is like. He is not the status quo, nor the norm in a good way and I can relate to him on that level, because sometimes followers of Christ can make Christianity rule-oriented and whatnot, He (like me) shys away from such behavior.

This will be continued, but there's work that needs to be done.

0 comments: