Sunday, May 14, 2006

thoughts...

Well... Last night I went to Chrissy and Ben's combined birthday party; It was out at Enchanted Castle and for a while Ben just wanted to hang out with ME.
Now I've known Chrissy for nearly a year and we've hung out a lot of times, but Ben last night showed me how I should be to God, my Heavenly Father...



When we were in the tubes (as this photo shows Ben), there were some areas in which Ben climbed that I could not get through; Sure I climbed in the larger ones but some were designed for little kids only. I didn't want to lose Ben (besides, my friend wouldn't like that at all.) and so I called after Ben to come down to the larger tubes, but he... He was a little bit stubborn. So I planned to leave him, or so I told him- Of course I wouldn't leave Ben alone, but it was a ruse to get him to come down. It took a little time to get that I was no longer there, or at least in his range of vision and (sadly) he started crying for me. Now I made myself visible to him and he was happy, but still a bit stubborn into getting into bigger tubes.

Here's my deep thoughts about that: I am like Ben at times, I want to do what I want when I want- And sometimes when I am off doing my own thing, God seems out of view and so I'm left questioning "where's God?" And yet God is always there, He is visible when to me He seems invisible and in the midst of Him being unseen, this is where I find comfort and solace and the strength to continue on...
God is never out of sight, but due to our own wants/needs/etc. He can seem out of sight.


Going on by God's strength alone,
Nathanael

0 comments: