Monday, October 02, 2006

God has been good to me...

And lately it has been two things in my life; friends and attitude.
Friends: I have a lot of acquaintances here and there, but God has really put some wonderful people in my life I can call my friends; people who listen/talk/dialogue with me, but have a good time as well. This last weekend I went test driving Lexuses/Lexsi(?) with Alicia, Jeremy and Jeff. Jeff has been a really cool upperclassman/big brother to me in more than ways consisting of fun - he's been a mentor, prayer partner, listener/talker/aider, etc... He's truly an amazing guy... And I've only known him for 1 school year!

Attitude: I have not been a downer type of person my entire life, I realize (with hindsight) that I've been acting too much of a realist/pessimist, and because of it, my life has been in the shadows...kind of. God has been changing me (always has, always will) and I have been rather bright and cheeful lately; no, it's not prescribed drugs, it's God!
Yes, my life is rough, rougher in some areas more than ever, but God is good.
I've been practicing how to hesychía, which, according to my Elder in the Faith has shared with me that it's a prayer of the heart out to God, in a repetitive form. One way Romanós mentioned that it can be done is by repeating "Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, the sinner" - and I will practice in that fashion soon.


~Take care and God bless!~
[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Hesychía (ee-see-KHEE-ah) is the prayer of the heart, or the prayer of silence. One who practices hesychía is called an hesychast. This is a way of prayer that is best described in the anonymous autobiographical work, "The Way of A Pilgrim." The prayer often used is called the Jesus Prayer, and it's traditional long form is as you have said, dear brother. Don't be surprised, though, if you come under spiritual attack when you pray this way. But always remember, the Name of Jesus is infinitely more powerful than anything the devils can muster. Go with God, and pray also for Romanós the sinner.