Wednesday, October 04, 2006


As a writer, I've recently hit a rut in my writing style; I've been styling my writing in a similar vibe of three authors in particular - C.S. Lewis for the theological impact, and for usage of metaphors. Gabrielle Garcia Marquez (sp?) for the odd, almost bizzare style that changes all the time and yet remains the same. Hunter S. Thompson for the gonzo style of writing...

But as I write, I'm becoming angry with who I was back then; some of it remains the same, but the vices I had back then, the pent up kick-everyone-in-the-face anger, it no longer exists.
Sure, I get angry, but my anger no longer consumes all of me, it comes and it goes, but it isn't something that wants to maim and destroy- I get angry out of frustration on a personal level for the most part, not getting something whether in school or elsewhere, I get angry at me.
***
I'm a writer at heart, and while I don't write as much as I used to, I still like brief breaths/pauses in the day in which I can write a little.
(Blogging can be writing, but when I write, I write for myself and for an intended audience that's not present in the blogging world.)
[n][v]

1 comments:

Mike Barrett said...

Guy at Judson, so glad I found your blog. I was just at your school last week and I spoke at your chapel on Friday. You can read about it on my blog. Keep in touch and God's peace on you.