Tuesday, October 31, 2006

when worlds collide

When Worlds Collide:

I believe that on more that a once-in-a-lifetime event, the physical realm and the spiritual realm collide.
I write this on Halloween, a holiday that divides a lot of people and a lot of Christians. Some people see it as a meaningless thing, a day/night where people give out candy to kids...

But for me and some Christians,
Halloween is Satan's Holiday; where (perhaps) the dark side of the spiritual realm is stirred even more so, in which the Satan, demons, other fallen creatures revel in this day that pays homage to their darkness. While some people might disagree with me, I don't mind, but since I have see the colliding of both realms, I do not wish to 'go out and have a good time getting candy', so I've decided to write a little bit from my experiences with the spiritual manifested into the physical.





My first rememberance of the spiritual manifested in the physical was when I was younger at the Brookfield Zoo. I was with my sisters and Mom and I was at the lion's cage and I was reciting the Bible verse (1 Peter 5:8) "Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour." As I was quoting this verse, this woman was getting very pissed off at me, in which she glared at me and when I looked back into her eyes, they were not the eyes of a human, but of a demon...

I don't know if she was demon possessed, but the look I received was not from human eyes...

On occasion, I've avoided some places because it has felt laden with demonic activity - whether seen or unseen - sometimes it is a physical feeling, and sometimes it is a in-the-spirit kind of thing...

The last time that I was disturbed by the dark side of the spiritual realm was the other day in which I was clear-headed and I was just praying, but someTHING did not like it... again, this was a in-the-spirit kind of event, but there are times where the attack or whatever form of disturbance takes on a physical nature.
I must admit, there are times that I am scared and just disturbed by the whole event, in which I usually rebuke the darkness (as it were) in the name of Jesus.

So for those of you who read this and you are Christians who celebrate Halloween, that's your own prerogative, but for me... I won't be the person going out in costume getting candy, I may get it after Halloween in the store when it's on sale, but that's about it.

I'm saying this is my finite decision for Halloween, say when I'm married and my kids want to go to a Halloween Party or something of that nature, I don't mind having them dress up for it. Yet for now... Yeah, I've said enough.

Take care and God bless,
{nv}

0 comments: