Friday, September 29, 2006

So...where was I?

Oh, this week.

The major aspects of this week were Jello Olympics, homework, AIDS in Africa and...well...that's all I can recall, all others things are unimportant (just kidding).

The Jello Olympics is the kick off for the Young Life I'm a part of. In retrospect, one year ago (rather close to the date) I started working at Young Life, and when the Jello Olympics took place, I was very hesitant to get involved - Jello wise - so my friend and former classmate from Spanish Class at Waubonsee (this is how he introduces me, odd...but that's Aaron's style.)Aaron and I talk and comment, but avoid the Jello, except to randomly throw chunks at each other, but nothing too intense... This year, Aaron and I ranked with the best of them! We were covered quite thoroughly and a particular Young Life teen had her eye on me... in which I got Jello in my eyes, mouth, ears...*sigh* How fun, but done on purpose.
There were also tarps that we made into giant slip and slides and we belly surfed, foot surfed, etc. on them! The girl wanted to race me standing up, but by the end of it, we were both sliding, but not in a standing position.
It was a lot of fun, but since it was a cold night, I was not only covered in Jello, but I was cold AND covered in Jello. I am blessed by God to be part of this ministry, I plan on being there for a while...

AIDS in Africa:

I have been bombarded in some ways in regards to the AIDS issue in Africa, but I have been bombarded in a good way. It started last Saturday at Willow Creek and then they discussed in Chapel on Monday.
As I mentioned before, I believe that I can do something, and the room mates want to do something as well... So, while I have yet to drop my classes and board a plane to Africa, I've given it some thought and some prayer; I don't know what lies ahead, but next summer... just thinking, I even know people who could support me by way of $$$ - that which I don't have. I really don't know what'll happen next in regards to this and me, but regardless, it is in God's hands...

Homework:

I have been rather busy with homework, that which I have put off and picked back up before the axe strikes.
I am finding out that I have more to do than I realize, so nights will become longer (*groan*) and possibly earlier mornings... I'm tired and spent in some ways, but it is what's needed to be done. God has also shown to me that I can work steadily, if undistracted and motivated; I set too many distractions in my way sometimes, but I am motivated to do well... I need to do well, for God (number 1) and then for me (number 2) and family (a distant and still a factor in my life- 3).

***

It's homecoming weekend, perhaps I'll write something else...later.

n[]v

0 comments: