Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Shout at the Devil: Doesn't anyone do that any more? Personal thoughts about Spiritual Warfare

Some of this stems from what a few bro's and I were joking about what I should fill under OCCUPATION (to which I wrote Demon Hunter - Full Time), some of it also stems from Jehovah Witnesses visiting my house again today in which I discussed Spiritual Warfare with them, they left kinda shocked that I cast out demons and that I call upon the name of GOD to rid satan and his minions from places and people... I'm shocked too, doesn't anyone cast out demons any more?

I recall my first time evoking the name of God in which I pissed off satan; I was at the Brookfield Zoo when I was 5 and I was over at the lions cage, I started quoting 1 Peter 5:8

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

As I was doing this, a woman who was possessed by a demon or more got angry, she sneered and shook, I could visibly see I wasn't looking at her but rather that which controlled her and it wasn't good.

These days I still cast out demons, from people's lives and places which seem to be saturated with the prsence of the evil one. I rebuke them and cry out "In the name of God I command you to _____________."
To which they do flee and go elsewhere for a while...

***

Jehovah Witnesses have come to my house lately, their time at my house last week was to find out what I believed and to try to witness to me from what they believe, today they visited again to discuss spiritual warfare with me. While I didn't aim to come across as nonchalant about spiritual warfare, the woman who led this conversation with me seemed kinda shocked that I do this, in retrospect I am shocked that maybe she doesn't do this.

So now I am wondering does anyone call upon the name of God to cast out demons or the devil himself besides me? Does anyone recognize his presence in people and places and just cry out "In the name of God I command you to leave this person/place"?

[n][v]

0 comments: