Tuesday, September 22, 2009

I wish Romans 12:21 was a bomb

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good"

I wish it was a bomb, and I wish that some people in my life would be at ground zero when it would explode. I wouldn't want them to die, but I would want the shapnel to enter their bodies, to tear through viscera and muscle and to hit them in a vital way. Shapnel that no matter how hard doctors tried they could never remove it all...

The verse says DO not be overcome by EVIL,
but to overcome EVIL with GOOD.

It shouldn't be just read or thought of as a "nice Bible verse", but it should be a way we carry out our actions, it should grip us and hit us where it matters. Let the words hit, let them sink in and strike our hearts, let us be affected and change and live it out with everyone we meet.

[n][v]

0 comments: