Tuesday, September 22, 2009

8 years looking back

Now that the towers are down,
and as a nation, complacency has settled into our bones.
We wave that "grand old flag" today and on the 4th of July,
out of obligation and tradition...like creasters.

But I don't let it settle in my bones,
I don't waveany flag out of obligation, let alone tradition.
I miss those towers,
but I miss Jeffrey more.
It's not that I value his life above the rest of those who died that day,
but I knew him and not them,
he was my friend.

Go visit your grandma who lives across the street,
come visit my sisters, mom and me
Chase me, play tag, play hide and go seek,
leave for work,
leave again,
leave for the last time.

8 years looking back,
the tears still flow,
the pain still hurts,
I guess I am alive
I AM ALIVE!

[n][v]

0 comments: