Wednesday, August 30, 2006

prayer...

Prayer To me, it is more than just talking to my Father in Heaven-
It is keeping in touch (from my side of things) to Him who is the maker of all.
***
As far as I can remember, prayer was something that I did to talk to God (amongst other things) and even though I prayed to God out of desperation it was never a 'when-all-else-fails' scenario.

Prayer to God should not be the last thing to do, but the first thing to do...



I have a few prayer requests, some of them are mine and some are other people's:

*Logan - You know who I'm talking about Judsonites. Well, I found out via facebook that Jenny and him broke up, and he has kind of turned his back on God. These were the words of his former girlfriend Jenny, in which I sense the pain she/they're obviously going through, keep him in your prayers.

*Jenny - Logan's former girlfriend; pray that God heals the pain that she's going through, and for such things as I mentioned above.

*The Persecuted + Underground Church - Pray for those who suffer for the name of Christ, there are a lot of places out there, a lot of brothers and sisters in Christ who are persecuted.

*My family - we're a bunch of ragamuffins (if you've read Ragamuffin Gospel, awesome!) and we need grace - from one to another and from God. God's grace is there, but sometimes we don't cut each other slack.

*Young Life - Pray that God uses us (St. Charles, and Geneva...I guess.) who are leaders to lead the teens and to grow deeper/purposeful/better relationships. May this be a semester where they come and learn and change - Unto His glory and not ours...

Thank ya verrrry much,
[n][v]

0 comments: