Wednesday, July 05, 2006

dispensing some advice...

Well, today is my 22nd birthday - and I feel like dispensing some advice - so listen/read up! you may learn something yet...

*If you're the praying type, let people know you're praying for them - As someone who does pray and who is prayed for, I find that it is quite encouraging to let the person know that they're being prayed for.

*Maintain a good relationship with your siblings - I wasn't always as close to my sisters as I am these days, and I thank God that I am close to them these days.

*Take educated chances - Some things are worth risking, but make sure it won't fly back in your face.

*If you're young and in love, don't RUSH it! - Taking time to get to know someone can take a long time, and learning to love that person may take even longer - just don't rush it. Let it be like a plant that needs water; don't give it too much or give it too little, give it what it needs to stay alive. I am not implying that you should give less than 100 percent, btw.

*Do not confuse infatuation for love - As someone who threw away love (yet it was infatuation), I still feel the panges of what once a good friendship and yet... I threw it away on account of it being infatuation. 

*Ask questions - I don't always get things the first time, so I ask questions. I don't know anyone who hates when people ask questions about the said subject - so ask away!

*If you're a CHRISTian, learn to love your enemies as Jesus taught - I have many friends, but I also have some enemies. And while I don't associate with them as much as I do with my friends, I still love them in light of God loving me as I am. It can be a little nerve racking at times, loving those who don't show it. Do it because Jesus taught us to do so.

*Step out of your box, step out of your comfort zone - As someone who wants to see more of the world, I'd tell you to get out of your comfort zone and your box. Although I haven't been to any countries outside of Mexico and Canada, I truely was challenged by Mexico, and I can't wait to be challenged again.

And...
more to come, but it's dinner time for my family and I; remember the vegetarian lasagna I showed a while back? That's my birthday dinner! yum!

Take care and God bless,
Nathanael.

0 comments: