Thursday, January 28, 2010

First paper of the semester!

I like writing, a lot, and for this class I'm taking (Integration of Psychology and Christianity) I will be writing, a lot.

This is kinda filler for the time being, until I finish my Christian Girls are Boring* post, so enjoy...or not...but do! Hehe.


Nathanael Vitkus
Engaging God’s World – pages IX to XIX
Cornelius Plantinga Jr. is quick to suggest that Christian individuals have the upper hand when it comes to learning, I couldn’t agree with him more. When it comes to learning, whether on our own or in classroom settings like this one, we who are followers of Christ are able to get a better sense of God’s creations, his purpose for all this, the meaning of life, etc. God in his infinite wisdom and intelligence has designed us humans with a brain that not only control different functions within our bodies, but the capability and capacity to think.
Thinking not only in regards to our own lives, but to life as it is around us. Thinking isn’t solely based upon what we know through the lens of others, but it is also about developing our thoughts and opinions. From a personal standpoint I am not only a thinker, but a questioner; I like to pose the harder questions at times because sometimes they’re not brought up but also sometimes they need to be asked even if an answer doesn’t come to the surface. To me, questioning is not a bad thing because it not only stirs the proverbial pot but it also helps people to take their thoughts and get them out there. Sometimes questioning is the catalyst to make people think more about what they believe on the subject matter.
I recognize that through this semester this class will help me to take the concrete ideas pertaining to Psychology and what I believe as a follower of Christ that are locked away in my head and to get them out in the open. As an introspective person this is a challenge that I eagerly accept, because there are times in my life where these ideas are caged up because I am continually mulling over them as to whether I’m right or not and sometimes they don’t materialize as a result of my thought processes. Yet within this class lies my chance, my opportunity to write them out and perhaps even expound even more on my thoughts and beliefs in both Psychology as well as Christianity.
As Plantinga said; “every Christian naturally speaks the faith with his own accent” (page XV), I too wish to develop my accent this semester even more than I already have. So when situations present themselves I can be better equipped when it comes to integrating Psychology and Christianity. Not just of what I believe, but why I believe, not just for my own personal betterment, but for the betterment of others as well.
[n][v]
P.S. The writing will be brief chapter summaries, quality over quantity, my thoughts on it, etc. I hope I don't make any enemies because I'm going to speak my mind...and sometimes even verbally, because the Professor wants us to share with the class 4x in the semester what we wrote.

0 comments: