Thursday, August 20, 2009

Personal Soliloquy (I am strange) part 3

I am strange, let me be
there's nothing wrong with me,
am I a freak for learning to read at the age of 3
is it odd that I sometimes climb trees?
Act my age so I'm told, but what does it mean?
Get the job, socialize and get in the scene?
My route is not defined by what others tell me
I do listen to them, but some can't sell me,
this American dream, the 401K
Would life be really better if I walked this way?
So I love the outdoors, I hike and explore
trying new things and opening new doors,
because within reason I like to test my limit,
I don't fall in line, brainwashed like a dimwit.
I am kind and I'm loving, I've got plenty of grace
but you piss me off I'll be verbal mace,
but it's my differences that bother people even when I'm not trouble
too many people trapped in their conformity bubble,
but what does it come down to, are they full of eNVy
do they secretly wish they could act just like me?
I'm a little off kilter, but I'm not deranged
for I am not "normal" for I am strange.

[n][v]

0 comments: