Thursday, August 20, 2009

Personal Soliloquy (I am man) part 1

I am man, hear me ROAR
and you might ask, we want more
well I'll tell you this, I'm Mr. Fantastic
Plasticky and Mr. Elastic
I am egotistical and I am proud
I am a loner in this ever growing crowd
But I speak my mind and I do rock the ship
I aim for the heart and I shoot from the hip
I keep you guessin'
and your head I be messin'
is he for real or is he not
is he genuine or is he snot

you ask this of me and it's true
I'm the lovely sky of blue
but here's the thing is this really me?
Is this the one God has says I should be?
Or am I selling myself to you as a label
am I a story, some childish fable?
Am I the Hollywood American dream
Am I calm and collected, do I never scream?
HELL YEAH I scream, at the top of my vox
I am unkosher, uncouth and out of the box,
because I can't stand it when people define me
look at me and start to bind me
with ways they say the ideal guy should be,
but I can't be that way, I'm not sorry
I am who I am, for better or worse
and sometimes I can write this out in verse
I will make you laugh and maybe make you cry
I will be transparent and be real (or at least try)
Don't treat me like trash, I've played that game
and then I come across as someone lame,
and for some of my views well they might be banned,
but I stand in front of you for I am a man.

[n][v]

0 comments: