Wednesday, November 29, 2006


George Harrison
well, one of the Beatles past away 5 years ago today,
talking to my sister Abbey helped me connect with her (even though it was shorter than I'd like)
and she and I talked about George's song My Sweet Lord and how there was a bit
of controversy with it sounding like another song.
Here's my short and sweet spiel about George;

George was a very good musician,
in his days as a Beatle and his solo career.
I love his music and while it has an Eastern religious flair to it,
I sing My Sweet Lord and Give me Love as if they were praise and worship songs.
I don't know your heart, God does,
but while you were here, you made good tunes.

(Feel free to download these songs by George Harrison)


Here comes the Sun

Something

My Sweet Lord

Give me Love (Give me Peace on Earth)


[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I've been checking your new blog, but today I came back to this one, and found this post about George Harrison. Thanks for the songs. I know three of them quite well, but I can't remember the song "Something." I probably know it, but have just forgotten it.

I used to sing the spiritual songs on "All Things Must Pass" and "Living in the Material World" as praise and prayer songs, and I occasionally still listen to "My Sweet Lord" and other such songs in that frame of mind. But before I became a committed Christian, I moved in New Age circles (that is, over 30 years ago), and I was particularly drawn to the Krishna movement, which is what George Harrison believed in. For me, it still has a beauty, a poetic and mythic beauty, that I still have to keep in perspective. Anyway, thanks for the downloads.

I hope things are well with you in the Lord. Go with God, dear brother!