Sunday, June 07, 2009

Why I rather hangout with young followers of Christ over old

*This is about the circles I am in, whether at my school or on a day-to-day basis. I'm referring to how long they've been followers of Christ, "young" in the sense that they're rather new to the faith, this isn't an age thing*

Among the followers of Christ I interact with, my preference is to hang out with newer believers than older. Yes older followers of Christ have wisdom with years and experience, but from what I have found in the groups I interact with, the older ones speak of the valleys, but seem to gloss over them or forget them.
The valleys as in the darkened places we all tread every now and then, it is the lowpoints of our lives that are bleak and hopeless but far from Godless. God is present on the peaks as well as the valleys, but as I happen to be in the winter of my discontent, I need a brother or sister of Christ who can relate to the valleys because either they're entering one or on their way out. My good bro in Christ is someone who is in the valley with God and myself, life is dark, life is hard, and yet we struggle and toil and question many of the same things. It is far more rewarding for me to relate to this brother in Christ than someone who speaks to me of it but without actually being in the valley.


I rather walk this path with someone who is on the same part of it as me, if one is further along than I, that's fine, but don't talk about the part I'm on if you have forgotten what the terrain and surface is like.


[n][v]

0 comments: