Wednesday, August 22, 2007

a quick recap...

Well life is perpetually busy for everyone, but for me it's been getting ready to go back to school, working a bit, spending time with my fiancee and my two sons and I had two weeks of vacation. My vacation wasn't that bad, nor was it really good; most of the good times were spent with my sisters, due to the fact that my father treated me like I didn't have a pulse :( It was disappointing in this regard because I really REALLY want to have a serious heart-to-heart conversation, I haven't had one of those with him in a long time.


Now that I've been back from all that, I'm more thankful and grateful for what I do have; friends, family, my fiancee and two sons... Sometimes I take it for granted, but God has been laying it on my heart to invest more and take time to do as following -- don't just do something, stand there -- I picked that out from a Greek Orthodox book about a guy's journey to Valaam.
I seriously wished I invested more earlier this summer when I had more time, but that's another thing, I want to spend more time looking forward and getting past the past. Somethings will take longer than others, but I don't want the small stuff to weigh me down, as if I didn't have enough on my plate already...


My fiancee and two sons have made me want to succeed for myself primarily and for them secondary -- Chrissy and I might get married sooner than the 2 years we said originally, so I need and desire to push myself harder than I ever have before.
That's my life, and soon my school life will start up kicking and screaming very soon and suddenly.

0 comments: