Thursday, August 30, 2007

To keep it short, I'm back at Judson University (no longer JudCo.) and this time around I'm a Psychology major, I am no longer in the Youth Ministry program out here at Judson University. I switched majors and in a way it works to my advantage; I will be able to graduate sooner than I imagined possible. This comes as good and welcomed news to me as well as my fiancee -- sooner out of school means the sooner we can get married!

As it stands at this time, I will graduate in 3 semesters including this one (God willing); and from there, though not the next weekend after graduating, I will be getting to Chrissy (also God willing). During my temporary leave from JudUni I have started to travel down further on my road with God. Mixed with that is my new denominational tag; Greek Orthodox. I am a follower of Christ, yet I identify myself (if people ask) as a Greek Orthodox. My G.O. Abba, Romanos, has helped to cultivate some of my G.O. views, and like him I'm not hung up on Orthodoxy. For me it's becoming more in tune with God and my surroundings with my heart over my head, yes I sometimes think as a Greek Orthodox or I recite with my mouth (from my heart) the Jesus Prayer in Greek, but it comes down to being and helping and shepherding the small flock God has set before me.

As a rushed society (and as a college student), I can completely understand how sometimes we do things more out of the standpoint of 'we have to do _____' or even out of tradition: "we've always done it this way." Yet I believe with my heart that we should go and be out of love for God and others, not because we have to, our love should be true love and not a task or a checklist thing, it should be pure. Even in 1 Corinthians 13 it states time and time again "...if I have not love" and it lists that what we attempt with our [supposed] best foot forward is in vain if we have not love.


Back to the school+life realm; I personally don't know what I'll be doing when I get out of school. I plan on getting married to Chrissy (God willing), but in my mind I think that my dreams and asperations to be a full time Youth Minister may be put on hold. I'm not dwelling on that completely, but it comes to the front of my mind every now and then, in His hands, it's all in His hands... I'm satisfied with that, though as a human being I sometimes want the answer to an unanswered question, but His timing is precise and He holds all together, so I've come to worry less and just trust in His perfect timing.

Going on by Christ alone,
Nathanael.

2 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Nathanael, I have been mostly away from blogging lately, both reading and writing. Just a moment ago I finished reading this latest post of yours, and before that I read a recent post and left a long comment on it in "Highways and Low Roads". Take a look at that comment when you have a chance. Stay in touch, now that you're at college, and keep me posted about your family situation (your Mom, how;s she doing? for example, and how your life is going in general). Thanks for your comment on my recent post about our sorties into Israel. Also, thanks for your update in this current post. Orthodoxy is a good thing, as long as you keep it in perspective, and always follow Only Christ.

Go with God, my brother, and pray for Romanós the sinner.

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

"…it comes down to being and helping and shepherding the small flock God has set before me."

Ameen, Nathanael, ameen!