Thursday, March 23, 2006

The Royal Tenenbaums ='s my sisters and I


Ah yes... The Royal Tenenbaums... I am writing not about how good this movie is, but I am opening a window that current circles of friends don't realize.
I am the oldest child of 4 siblings; I have 3 younger sister - Hannah (just turned 20 on the 21st), Abbey (18) and Charity/Kasey who is 15... My sisters and I have been blessed by God with various talents, in which, we are The Royal Tenebaums in some ways. I am blessed with the gift of writing and languages: I am currently (albeit at a slow pace) working on two books and I am writing more and more poetry, some I may publish for various anthologies who I may save them and find a publishing house to print up a lot of them. Another item of expertise for me is foreign languages; now foreign languages are easier, if not easy for me. I plan on being octolingual - and so far English and Spanish are down and only 6 remain... I am working on Mandarin Chinese on my own and perhaps Japanese in the Fall, the other 2 languages I wish to learn are French and Italian...
My sister Hannah has been the family artist; her art is known in small circles and could expand if she put more into it, she is also gifted in the area of Law, which (in time) she will become a lawyer, but perhaps a paralegal... She knows the details better than me.
My other sister, Abbey, she has been actively involved in soccer and basketball, she is the athlete in the family, even though we all do sports... She could be successful in this way, but I think she will be entering the field of child psychology or something like that.
My other sister Charity is the family musician; She learned how to play the piano before she could read, she picked up the trumpet and violin and she is wonderful in both, she was teaching herself guitar for a while... Though she is a freshman in High School, she loves horses and perhaps she'll do something horse related when she gets to college.

Even though we are gifted in many ways, I thank God that my sister know God. I rather have them know God and have such talents than to not know God and be gifted... But God has given them these various gifts, and some of them are shaping and turning into something new and different. For example, my sister Hannah is spending her second semester in Spain as a student missionary of sorts, she spent last Fall in Spain and decided to continue on for another semester! This semester has been tough for her, but God is blessing her in what she does even though the road is rather rocky at this time.

God can use anyone's gifts to help others - as I've learned in adolescent development, "recognize potential and label it positively" - how has your gifts been labelled? How have you used your talents unto God and others?

May God bless you in what talents you have,
may you use them...

Going on by God's strength alone,
[n][v]

0 comments: