Thursday, May 07, 2009

Tug of War

I am caught in the middle of a tug of war,
between you my mind and heart,
I feel (mind) that I should leave and go far
and yet (heart) I'm looking to restart

***
You fight and bicker constantly
reminding me of how my parents used to be
and now between them it's a cold war
and all I feel is cold.

I deserve better so I am told,
but you once separated all my dross from the gold,
I was shining brightly, or was I blind
was it just fools gold that I did find?


This war of my heart,
this war of my mind,
this war of a rare jewel that God did find,
but you hocked our love and broke my heart
I'm broken and I need a restart
but I want to make all the dreams we had come true,
I pledged my life and my love to you
and now I sit here feeling blue,
sorting out what I should do.


[n][v]

0 comments: