Thursday, October 09, 2008

Jesus and proper places...


"Help me find my proper place..."


I, and so many people I know, wish that right now (right now!) we had an idea where our proper place is. I think that's an open ended question, because for some it is work, others it is relationships, but for me it comes down to what I want to do with my life and also who I was intended to be. I have learned over the years that I want to be a Youth Minister part time and work with kids the other part of the time in a non ministry setting, yet I understand that even in a non ministry setting, it is still a time to Preach the Gospel, and to use words when necessary.


I am also praying, hoping and working towards many teleological goals, one is a combined pair: to be an active husband to my wife-to-be and to be an a dad to my children. Some of this stems from the obvious, but some of it comes from wanted to break a generational curse; I haven't had an active father figure in my life, and seeing/experiencing this, the toll it took on me, my sisters, my mom and my family dynamic...Yeah, I don't want that for my wife or kids.

I am also someone who wants to help people find their proper place, the place where they belong. My lovely girlfriend Cassie wants to find what she's lacking in life, and with God working within me, I want to help her get to that place as well. We are in this together; life shouldn't be gone through alone and so often I think the ones in the ivory towers do themselves a disservice by staying there instead of getting off and getting their hems dirty. Life...what can I say? We all experience it, the good and the bad alike, I want to help where I can and however I can.

People might question my reasons, wondering what's in it for me and such. I don't have a catch or something I'll demand out of someone for my help, I have been helped a great deal growing up and still I am being helped, which I sometimes am reluctant because I don't feel deserving, that I have fallen from grace and I am too low to ask for help. Yet God reminds me of His love; that He loves me for who I am, not what I've done or where I've been, his love is deep and pure and unconditional, His love is better than any I've ever experienced and it relieves me and comforts me.

So to my readers, my Xangamigos, I want you to know that I will help you find your proper place if you need it. Just let me know how and I will do so to the best of my abilities.

~Nathanael~

0 comments: