Monday, January 29, 2007

Head knowledge vs. heart knowledge


Head knowledge vs. heart knowledge

In my time away from JudCo. I've started reading...more! Whether it's liturgies, spiritual practices, Greek Orthodox literature, the Bible, and others...no bragging on my part whatsoever. Anyway, as I've read these books and are going through more, I'm steadily...slowly...

Moving that knowledge from my head,
to my heart...

In some ways, it's like love; you may know about Love with your head, but it is best practiced out by your heart. Not that your heart should be a compass when it comes to love, but as a follower of Christ I've mixed what I've learned (head and heart knowledge) and started practicing that out;

Love, I've learned, is something that should not be on a limited basis; one should not love 'because you have to' but because you want to. God's love is unlimited, deep and abounding; His love...I am in awe of God for many a reason, but His love...I cannot put it in words, I am in awe...I am speechless.


As I'm learning to love my girlfriend (it isn't too hard ) I'm reading passages of scripture and other things that are aiding in my walk as follower of Christ, but also at being a better boyfriend. I won't say it's foolproof, but it sure beats sitting on my duff and just walking blindly through our relationship. Chrissy is wonderful, amazing, humorous, lovely, beautiful and Godly - (she's more attributes, but I'm saving space here). God has blessed me with a wonderful girlfriend, she is truly a gift of God in my life.

[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

Glad to read this synopsis of what you're doing lately, and happy for you to have found such a nice girlfriend.

Keep moving your knowledge from head to heart, yes. The mind must find its home in the heart. This is why Orthodoxy has survived. The mind is the organ of perception of God, we see God by means of the eye of the mind (if your eye is single, your whole body will be full of light), but the heart is a secret chamber where we personally meet the One we see.

Go with God, dear brother!