Sunday, March 29, 2009

Something to think about: Wealth

A few weeks ago I went to a Lithuanian Museum. While I was there I saw plenty of cool things from one of the countries where my ancestry originates, while there I also saw some things made out of amber.


Amber Cross by Opus Moon.


Amber Heart Pendant by The Russian Store.


Essentially amber is fossilized pine sap, Lithuania was part of the Amber Road a long time ago, because of it Lithuania was wealthy because the amber could be traded for weapons and other things... What strikes me as odd is that people found that this hardened sap as valuable, but then I started pondering;

How is wealth defined? Is it supply and demand?
How do I define wealth? Am I "rich"


...


I am rich, I am wealthy, I am a billionaire! Yet my wealth is not defined by what I have but who I have in my life. I have my family and friends, my Xangamigos and holding us all together in this thing called life -- I have God as well.


While I do have wealth in material things, these things are fading and they lose my interest at times. My family and friendships are lasting things, they're things I take seriously even if I'm not in contact with them on a day-to-day basis.


Just something to think about...



[n][v][makes][bill gates][seem][broke]

0 comments: