Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Heart

This might seem goofy/rediculous/weird... but that's me in a nutshell, but also remember, you have a heart too, don't mess with mine. Discuss, ask me questions, don't put me down for me being me.


My heart:


up left to right, down left to right.


Over all things, God holds my life together, without Him in my life I would be nothing, I wouldn't even have an existance.


Others -- I am constantly in environments where I am working with others, whether it is side-by-side with coworkers or even the kids who come through the doors of the Boys and Girls Club. I aim to do my job not well or suffient, but BETTER, to provide an environment of safety, fun, belonging and etc. Also others in general; more of God, more of others, less of me.


Johnny Cash & Mr. Rogers: These two guys, one a musician, one a Presbyterian minister who was known as a beloved TV personality, both followers of Christ in unique ways.

Johnny's music was awesome, his message was the Gospel message most of the time and plus he was The Man in Black, which I am akin to since I wear mostly black. He was rude, hardheaded, strong willed a lot of the time...yet his message rang true, and I'm like him in that way as well. Lastly, Johnny had a wife by the name of June, they saw a lot of good times but they saw a lot of bad as well, and for the time being I am a Johnny looking for my June. Sure I am rough around the edges (some might speculate that's all I have) but I mean well and I hope that is known.

Mr. Rogers was a show I watched when I was younger and if given the chance I would still be watching it! He made people feel special, he had guests who had disabilities and he was loving and caring. He dealt with real life issues, I recall the episode on death, he explained it in a great way and perhaps he drove away some of my fear of death at a young age. He did share the Gospel message too, he was a loving man to all, I dig his relational/communal relationships and his morals too. I too want to be a neighbor to my neighbors, not just to the left and right of where I live, but with whomever I come into contact with.


Steak & Sushi: Where do I begin? I love a good steak and I dig good sushi, two great eats that God has made...enjoy!


Etc: I have a lot of passions in this life, they fall in the "etc" catagory because while I have enough room in my heart for all of them, I don't have enough room to write them in the heart diagram. I want to live my life to the fullest, I want to take it all in, I want to try just about everything. I am small, this world is big, but God is bigger, so I shouldn't fret and worry as much as I do. God is in control of it all.


What does your heart look like?


[n][v]

0 comments: