Sunday, March 29, 2009

Memento Mori



Memento Mori: Remember that you are mortal, Remember that you too will die...


Death might be one of the most talked about subjects, but it might also be the one people avoid. People want to know where do I/We go when we die? Do we come back? Do we just chill underground forever or what? Yes, death holds many mysteries, but I'm not scared of the topic or death itself, tho I admit that I hope to accomplish all that I'd like to before I die, and yet if I go before my time is done (based on my agenda) I'm cool with that too.


As a follower of Christ I truly believe there is a Heaven and a Hell; no we don't come back/reincarnate, no we don't chill underground and do nothing, no we don't float around aimlessly... The Bible is specific at saying that unless one doesn't accept Jesus Christ as His personal Lord and Saviour, he or she will not go to Heaven. It is also specific at stating that there is only one way to God, and that is through his son Jesus (John 14:6)
...
Yeah you might ask but isn't God MEAN for only allowing us to get to Heaven by only one way? Yes, it does sound mean, but that's what is written in the Bible, the only word of God, ONLY.


As far as Hell is concerned, I truly believe that place exists too; it is a separation from God, from good and the best God has in mind for us. I'm sure it's the worst place possible, being separated from God forever! I don't want to go there, I don't want my friends to go there and I don't even want my enemies to go there!!!


We're all in transitions in this life; we're coming we're going, but we're also living and dying; death is as much a part of life as life is a part of death.


Death is also something I don't fear, when I go I plan on having a big party, everyone is invited, drinks on me! I want my death to be celebrated because even tho it will be sad that I'm gone from this earth, I've gone to somewhere better.


[n][v]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about the people who don't get the opportunity to learn about god? Such as the mentally challenged, or those living in countries where the christian god is not known?

And why does god choose for us to be punished after life, once it's all said and done? that doesn't make a lot of sense.

'because it says so in the bible' is not a convincing argument.