Sunday, April 20, 2008

Poem - Touch

Touch

I haven't been touched in 3 weeks;
no hugs,
no friendly handshakes,
no kisses
no nothing.

She was the last one to touch me,
she was the last person who let me cry my heart out
she was the one who had my heart
and now... I am here feeling heartless.

Touch;
connection between two individuals,
feeling alive inside and out,
being close to someone you love,
touch.

Here I am, untouched,
I am Midas but my touch is dross,
it once was gold but that was when I was with her,
when she loved me,
when she said she loved me,
when love coursed through my veins
when I felt alive and not going through the motions,
which I feel like I am these days...
I remain untouched,
as if I were a leper crying out unclean unclean!
I want to be touched
I need to be touched.

[n][v]

0 comments: