Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Finite man living a finite life

On Sunday during church, one of the assistant pastor's from my fiancee's church spoke a sermon wrapped around Ecclesiastes 3, or at least the parts that deal with the changing of life's seasons and the different times for different things, The Byrds - Turn Turn Turn! came to mind while he was preaching...

I started thinking about the different 'times' for things; time to gather, to scatter, time to be born and there's a time to die, this last one struck a strong chord with me, because even though I realize that time on earth for me is finite, not infinite. I realize this time and time again, through the passing of the seasons, my sons getting older, myself getting older and so on.

Such is life, but it can make me it fills me with so much melancholy at times,
because there are some things I pray that I live to get to see;
My sons growing up,
My life with Chrissy,
Successfully going against the grain that has been a generation affliction that has existed for far too long,
Doing things with my family,
Pursuing Youth Ministry as a career,
and so much more.

More on this,
but off to class and then my internship.

[nv]

0 comments: