Sunday, September 17, 2006

Two things... that's all.

1) Movie with Barb and Fansong:

Last night I saw this movie with Barb and Fansong

(Little Miss Sunshine)

It was nihilistic, narcissistic, anarchistic, demented, twisted, psychotic...
but it was very funny and good!

The movie is good, so go see it! I'll give a review later.


2) Prayer request:

I checked out a church today with some Judsonites and it seems legit, but there was a guy who's running the college group seems a bit, well... just read this:

Jesus is the Way*

Yeah, Jesus is the Way asterisk; there may be an opportunity for the college students in the church to visit some Buddhist temples, Islamic mosques, Jewish synagogues and other places of worship for the sake of learning about the religion and partaking in worship, but from the perspective of a Christian. This guy went on to say that the following week would be discussion based, and it might be a time in which the college students might find that they identify more with that particular faith... What? That's what I thought to myself, he then went on to say something like well it's not like we know for certain that we're (Christians) are the right ones, who knows? We might actually be wrong.

Yeah, so I have some guff against this church already, but just pray for the following:

I need prayer for spiritual discernment;
I'd like to get involved with the church instead of coming on Sunday morning, worshiping and praying, taking sermon notes and then leaving.

But if this is what the person believes, and I help out or something like that, I want to either help out this guy in his walk (he's my parents age) or perhaps not even be involved. I'm not trying to find the negative in him, but if you're not helping, you're hindering. Even my Buddhist, Islamic, Jewish, etc. friends know what I stand for, and if they don't know what you stand for, there's room to backslide...which shouldn't occur. Know what you believe and make sure others know what you believe, just don't shove the Gospel down their throat - make your ministry relational, make what you believe relational...

That's all for now,

[]n[]v[]

0 comments: