Saturday, September 16, 2006

Not in the narcisstic meaning/implication...

But I feel HAPPY.

I don't know all the catalysts to my happiness, but yesterday-

Well, first things first,
I had a photoshoot the other day, in which I took some photos of the wooded area across the way from Judson College. It was relaxing to be in the great outdoors even if it's just a small park across from school...

It was very beautiful+placid,
I love the outdoors and feel close[r] to God such places.

I then went to St. Sophia's Greek Orthodox Church because I wanted to see if I could take some pictures of their sanctuary - which is beautiful and full of icons and other Orthodox items...

Well,
I got the cold shoulder from one of the church leaders, he questioned what my intent of taking photos, and I told him I'm just a freelance photographer and he didn't believe me.

I was kind of irked, but I'm over it now. (I wonder, what credentials do you need when you're a freelance photographer?)

I went back to my dorm after that to do some studying, and at around 6:45 I left for St. Charles East for a football game... Long story short; it was one of the best football games I've been to, the Saints spanked the other team!

Anyway,
another catalyst to my happiness is that I hung out with Jeff Maulding, Alicia, Melissa and Kevin; I came in near the end of Groundhog's Day and I stayed around because I love that movie. It was after the movie that I layed some truth and happenings in my life, he looked me in the eye with his smile and gave me the look of hang-in-there,-God's-watching-over-you and then he hugged me and then we parted ways.

Jeff Maulding, is one of the most amazing/greatest people I've met ever; sure I've only known him during the school year and for one year at that, but God has put amazing people in my direction out here.

And my plans are a bit delayed;
It won't be this week, but in time...hopefully.

But I am Happy because I'm believing and trusting God...100 percent; I've believed and trusted in God, but I haven't given him my all, and for the first time, I'm doing it.

I feel happy to my core,
Happy from my head to my feet...

*smile*

God is good, all the time,
All the time, God is good.

[n][v]

1 comments:

Ρωμανός ~ Romanós said...

I was really shocked that you were given a hard time at the Greek Orthodox church for wanting to take photos! And ashamed for my co-religionists. That person was certainly not showing the spirit of Orthodoxy. My church here in Portland welcomes people to photograph, without making a big fuss. How stupid! A religion that believes that "beauty will save the world" and it still chases the world away. Anyway… Forgive them, brother, and try again another time.