Monday, October 24, 2005

today's nepalese word of the day is...


























Namaste.

According to http://www.yogajournal.com/newtoyoga/822_1.cfm "The gesture Namaste represents the belief that there is a Divine spark within each of us that is located in the heart chakra. The gesture is an acknowledgment of the soul in one by the soul in another. "Nama" means bow, "as" means I, and "te" means you. Therefore, Namaste literally means "bow me you" or "I bow to you.""

Namaste...
though this is a primarily a Hindu greeting, here's my 2 cents from a CHRISTian perspective...
I see Namaste as a seeing a person as a "whole" instead of a "part"; that is, recognizing the person who who they are completely instead of what is visible. As God looks at us, he does not look at the outside, but the inside. 1 Samuel 16:7 says this; "But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." (bold and italics are my own marks added for emphasis.)

We should get to know others for their heart
and not for outward appearance...
*that's where i'll leave you...*

Namaste!

***nv***

0 comments: